• 1956 - Farwest Corrosion Control "Corporation" was established in Seattle, WA • 1957 - Gordon Rankin accepts a position with Wayne Broyles Engineering in Houston TX • 1959 - Gordon accepts offer from Broyles to run Farwest in Los Angeles, is appointed Vice President and moves his family to CA.
• 1960 - Farwest moves to 1000 E. 220th Street in Carson, CA • 1961 - The company headquarters in Seattle is closed and the Carson office becomes the headquarters • 1962 - Farwest Corrosion Control Company is incorporated and the former corporation is dissolved • 1969 - Gordon buys Corrosion Control Products Company (CCP), an established company in Southern California selling pipeline materials to the oil and gas industry
• 1972-1973 - Gordon serves as Chairman of NACE Los Angeles • 1973 - Gordon purchases the remaining stock of Farwest from Wayne Broyles and becomes president of the company • 1974-1975 - Gordon serves as Chairman of NACE Los Angeles • 1977 - Farwest moves to 17311 S. Main Street in Gardena, CA.
• 1984 - Gordon receives the NACE Los Angeles Section Certificate of Merit • 1985 - - Farwest opens the Bakersfield, CA office to service Central California • 1986 - Gordon "sells" CCP to Farwest. CCP becomes a "division" of Farwest Corrosion Control Co. • 1986 - Gordon is elected as Vice President of NACE International • 1987 - Gordon is elected as President of NACE International and leads corrosion industry for a one-year term • 1989 - Farwest purchases Seaboard Supply Company, a supplier to Southern California Edison (SCE), and is merged into the CCP division • 1989 - Farwest purchases Pacific Corrosion Research (PCR), a corrosion engineering firm owned by E.L. (Jesse) James • 1989 - Farwest opens the Denver facility in Aurora, CO serving the Rocky Mountain Region
• 1991 - CCP opens the Tulsa, OK operation serving the Midwest Region • 1993 - Farwest coverts accounting system from Alpha Micro to MAS90 • 1999 - Farwest moves to 1480 W. Artesia Blvd. in Gardena, CA.
• 2000 - Farwest purchases the assets of Protection Engineering Instruments which is merged into CCP • 2000 - Farwest opens the Everett, WA operation to service the Pacific Northwesat • 2004 - NACE International presents the Distinguished Organization Award to Farwest in recognition of outstanding and sustained contributions to the field of corrosion science and engineering • 2005 - Farwest and CCP "merge" in MAS200 as one company • 2006 - Farwest celebrates 50 years of service in the cathodic protection industry on the Midway aircraft carrier in San Diego, CA • 2007 - Farwest opens the Hayward, CA. operation to service Northern California • 2008 - Farwest moves the Oklahoma facility to a larger facility in Tulsa
• 2011 - Farwest opens the Humble, TX operation to service the Gulf Coast • 2011 - Farwest opens the Newtown, PA operation to service the Northeastern U.S. • 2011 Ownership transition, Gordon Rankin retires. Troy Rankin and Marnie Rankin become owners of Farwest • 2011 - The CCP name is "retired" but not forgotten • 2012 - Farwest Bakersfield, CA office relocates to a larger facility in Bakersfield • 2012 - Farwest Washington office relocates to a larger facility in Mukilteo, WA • 2014 - Farwest Colorado operation relocates to a larger facility in Denver, CO • 2014 - Farwest moves it's headquarters to a 90,000 square foot building in Downey, CA • 2016 - Farwest opens the Aurora, IL operation to service the Great Lakes Region • 2016 - Farwest celebrates its 60 year anniversary • 2019 - Farwest moves the Texas office to 14025 Interdrive East. In Houston, TX
• 2020 - Farwest establishes presence in the Southwestern territory of the U.S.