- Above Grade Test Stations
- Flush Mount (At Grade) Test Stations
- Remote Test Station Monitors
- Utility & Line Marking Products
- Portable Reference Electrodes
- Permanent Electrodes for Underground
- Permanent Electrodes for Water
- Specialty Electrodes
- Contact Eliminator Casings
- Reference Electrode Tester
- Reference Electrode Accessories
- Liquid Epoxies
- Tape Wrap Coatings
- Heat Shrink
- Petrolatum & Wax Tapes
- Mastic Coatings
- Moisture Sealing Products
- Insulation Coatings
- Coating Accessories
- Pipeline Fittings, Unions & Joints
- Gaskets & Flange Isolation
- FRP Products
- I-Rod Pipe Supports
- Reference Electrode Tester
- Potential Meters
- Digital Multimeters – General
- CP Multimeters
- Clamp-On Type Meters
- Soil Resistance Equipment
- Isolation Testers
- Power Supplies
- Holiday Detectors / Short Locators
- Data Loggers
- Survey Equipment
- Reels, Canes & Equipment
- Pipe & Cable Locators
- Dry Coating Thickness Gauges
- Wet Coating Thickness Gauges
- Material Thickness Gauge
- Pit Depth Gauges
- Coating Inspection
- Surface & Contamination Testers
- Temperature & Humidity Instruments
- Adhesion Testers
- Voltage Detectors
- CP Safety
- Home >
- Holiday Detector, Model AP/W, by Tinker & Rasor
Tinker & Rasor introduces the completely redesigned Model AP/W high voltage holiday detector. The Model AP/W has built upon the advancments of the Model APS and packaged them into a belt worn instrument to provide a holiday detector with the application flexibility to move from pipe, to tank, to concrete and beyond.
This pulsating DC holiday detector with regulated voltage* has a range of 800 volts to 35,000 volts, giving complete coverage for coating specifications.
The Model AP/W includes the integrated peak reading voltmeter, also used in the Model APS, to measure and display the output voltage being applied to the structure.
Other significant features include the unique T&R Safety Handle. The Safety Handle allows the user much more control over the instrument and does not allow the instrument to be left energized when unattended. This feature provides safety not only for the operator but also for all others sharing a job site.
The Model AP/W main instrument is worn on a belt, keeping most of the weight on the operator and not contributing to arm fatigue when used on tanks, floors, walls, or other non-pipe structures.
0.8 volts to 35 kilovolts in one instrument
Safety feature for increased jobsite safety
Digital voltmeter display
LED Holiday Indicator - Easily seen in bright daylight
- Regulated voltage
Large push button controls
- Greater battery efficiency
- Compatible with other Tinker & Rasor holiday detector components and accessories
Of the new features, one of the most important is the safety switch. This trigger system provides greater jobsite safety for both the operator and nearby personnel and is very easy to use. Simply release the trigger, and the instrument instantly turns off.
The handle must be held down on the grip to operate the instrument, and the unit is shut down immediately when the handle is released. This feature will increase jobsite safety as an instrument cannot be left energized while unattended.
After setting the voltage, the instrument remembers the setting and the range, so the instrument can be turned on and off as much as necessary without requiring further adjustements.
The instrument is controlled by an electronics package contained within the water impenetrable cover of the instrument. All control switches are push button operations, with large operational areas, easy to manipulate while wearing gloves. Controls include On, Low and High voltage ranges, LCD voltmeter display, the voltage setting switch, Loud and Louder volume controls and the wand handle release button.
Just below the LCD voltmeter display is the visual alert for holiday indications. This alert is made of a cluster of "super bright" LEDs that are easily seen in bright daylight conditions.
The voltage selection switch is located just above the LCD voltmeter display and is sealed from weather and dust by a screw cap. Using the supplied screwdriver, the dust cap is removed and voltages are set by turning the voltage selector as shown in the graphics. On the Low voltage range, select between 800 volts and 8,000 volts. On the High voltage range, select between 3,500 volts and 35,000 volts.
The LCD voltmeter display shows voltages in kilovolts (kV). So, a voltage setting of 800 volts would be displayed as 0.8 and a voltage selection of 35,000 volts would be shown as 35.0.
The Model AP/W comes complete in kit form, including:
- Model AP/W instrument and battery
- Ground cable, 20'
- Wand handle, 18", with full circle spring electrode connector (Compax conn.)
- Wand extension handle, 18"
- Battery charger, 115v or 230v AC, selectable
- Carrying/storage case
- Instruction manual
- Certificate of Calibration
- And your choice of electrode*