The "GO-FER" is housed in rugged, indestructible Cycolac cases and has injection-molded instrument panels for added strength. All electronic components are mounted on a single detachable circuit board for quick and easy maintenance. In addition, convenient battery access is made through removable doors on the transmitter and receiver. Both cases and circuitry are designed to tolerate the most extreme field temperatures, and make the "GO-FER" ideal for use in any environment.
Quartz Crystal Precision
The all new Detectron "GO-FER" locates buried metal structures with smooth accuracy and ease. Its quartz crystal controlled transmitter fine-tunes the signal for precise location every time. And when it comes to tracing distance, depth penetration, and sensitivity, the Model 505 rivals all other pipe and cable locators on the Market. The "GO-FER" can reach depths as great as 20 feet, and tracing distances of 1,000 feet are not uncommon
The "GO-FER"s radio frequency receiver allows it to screen out distracting noise while it simultaneously detects cables and pipes with assured precision. The "GO-FER" is also the first locator of its kind to have a separate volume control for reducing signal loudness without sacrificing sensitivity. This feature enables quieter operation in enclosed areas where lower volume is desired. As in other Tinker & Rasor null-detecting locators, a null in the tone is detected as the pipe is crossed.
Model 505 comes complete with a ground plate / connecting cable and full operating instructions - ready to use! Also available are cushioned earphones, three-part handle, carrying strap, and a sturdy compartmented carrying case. In addition, this prestigious new instrument comes with the Detectron reputation for quality, dependability, and service!
The Detectron Model 505 "GO-FER" uses Two Sets of (6) six "C" cell alkaline batteries. One set of batteries for the transmitter and one set for the receiver. Shipped with batteries, ready to operate. Batteries are exchanged in seconds through external quick release doors.
- Crystal controlled signal
- Plug-in circuit boards for easy maintenance
- Volume control regulation without affecting sensitivity
- Lightweight: Operating weight with handle 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- 12-month warranty
- Operating Frequency: 83 kHz
- Audio Frequency: 324.22 Hz.
- Headset Impedance: 8 ohms.
- Weight: 4 1bs (1.8 kg)
- Dimensions: 11-3/8" x 8-1/2" x 3" (289 x 216 x 76 mm)
- Output frequency: 83 kHz +0.005% (crystal controlled)
- Output Power: 3 peak watts
- Weight: 3 1bs (1.36 kg)
- Dimensions: 11 3/8" x 8 ½" x 3" (289 x 216 x 76 mm)
Other Standard Components
- Ground plate / conductive clamp (C)
- Instruction booklet, illustrated (not shown)
- Handle, rigid three sectioned black anodized aluminum (D)
- Headset (E)
- Carrying Strap (F)
- Compartmented Carrying Case. 18 ½" x 13" x 7" (470 x 330 x 178 mm) (G)