The Model UR is designed for permanent installation to obtain accurate potential measurements on buried structures. It is the best choice for those applications where easy installation is possible, such as an open hole or trench. For those situations where there is limited access, the EDI Model US is recommended. A Cu/CuSO4 element should be used in low chloride soils (<500 ppm), while a Ag / AgCl element is recommended for high chloride soil (>500 ppm) in order to obtain the longest possible life. Further information is available from Farwest.
- Underground storage tanks, buried pipelines, structures below concrete flooring.
- Industry standard with 15-year design life.
- Proprietary backfill mix to retain moisture and minimize migration of contaminants from the surrounding soil
- 50 ft. of #14 AWG HMW/PE lead wire is standard.
- Size: 8" dia. x 16" long
- Shipping weight: 25 lbs.
- Design life: 15 yrs
- Shelf life: 1 year minimum
- Stability: ± 5 mV
- Current drain: 3 A for 1 min, 0.01 uA continuous
- AGG: saturated gelled Ag/AgCl
- CUG: saturated gelled Cu/CuSO4
- SW: 50' of #14 AWG HMW/PE
- LWnnn: nnn ft. #14 AWG HMW/PE
- LWnnn: nnn ft. of custom wire
- Specify as EDI Model UR-xxx-yy, where xxx = element type and yy = termination type.